The Journal Herpetozoa
- HERPETOZOA is the quarterly scientific journal of the Austrian Herpetological Society (ÖGH). The journal is devoted to all aspects of herpetology.
- Publisher: Österreichische Gesellschaft für Herpetologie e. V. [Austrian Herpetological Society] Naturhistorisches Museum Wien [Natural History Museum, Vienna], Burgring 7, A-1010 Wien www.herpetozoa.at.
- Managing Editor: Heinz Grillitsch, Naturhistorisches Museum Wien, Burgring 7, A-1010 Wien < heinz.grillitsch (at) nhm-wien.ac.at >; Corresponding Editors: Richard Gemel (Wien), Andreas Maletzky (Salzburg), Heinz Grillitsch (Wien); Language Editors: Marcia K. Nelson (Fulton, MO), Andrea Kourgli (Wien).
- ISSN 1013-4425
- HERPETOZOA is indexed in: Biological Abstracts; BIOSIS (Previews); Current Contents - Agricultural, Biological & Environmental Sciences; Science Citation Index (Expanded); Web of Science; Zoological Record (Plus).
- ISI Journal Citation Reports© Ranking: 2015: (106/153) (Zoology); Journal Impact Factor (2015): 0.800.
- Advisory Editorial Board: Edwin Nicholas Arnold (London) - Oscar J. Arribas (Soria) - Wolfgang Böhme (Bonn) - Antonia Cabela (Wien) - Basil P. Chondropoulos (Patra) - Ahmad M. Disi (Amman) - Alain Dubois (Paris) - Günter Fachbach (Graz) - Uwe Fritz (Dresden) - Richard Gemel (Wien) - Frank Glaw (München) - Günter Gollmann (Wien) - Allen Greer (Sydney) - Britta Grillitsch (Wien) - Kurt Grossenbacher (Bern) - Rainer Günther (Berlin) - D. James Harris (Vila do Conde) – Andreas Hassl (Wien) - Marinus S. Hoogmoed (Belém) - Gunther Köhler (Frankfurt a. M.) - Ulrich Kuch (Frankfurt a. M.) - Luca Luiselli (Roma) - Andreas Maletzky (Salzburg) - Fritz Jürgen Obst (Radebeul) - Gaetano Odierna (Napoli) - Josef Friedrich Schmidtler (München) - Silke Schweiger (Wien) - Franz Tiedemann (Wien) - Heinz G. Tunner (Wien).
- One volume of HERPETOZOA (two double issues per year in paper form submitted to the members in June and December) contains about 200 pages of German and English peer-reviewed papers. Size: 17 cm x 24 cm.
- HERPETOZOA can be obtained from the publisher (Burgring 7, A-1010 Wien, Österreich).
- Membership fee includes the price of subscription.
- Regular price: single issue EUR 10.-, double issue EUR 20.-.
Download of papers from HERPETOZOA back issues
How to order HERPETOZOA
- If you want to subscribe to HERPETOZOA without becoming member of the Austrian Herpetological Society or
- If you would like to receive back issues
- then direct your order to the editor by letter or e-mail.
- Back issues of HERPETOZOA are available in the form of double issues and bound double volumes.
- Price per double issue (a volume consists of two double issues of 80-112 pages each): until 1999 EUR 5.- / from 2000 to 2010 EUR 10.- / from 2011 EUR 20.-
- Shipping costs: EUR 1,5.- per double issue, EUR 6.- per bound double volume.
Price per bound double volume: until 1999 EUR 50.- / from 2000 to 2005 EUR 70.- / from 2006 on EUR 100.-
Volumes 1+2 [1988+1989]
Volumes 3+4 [1990+1991]
Volumes 5+6 [1992+1993]
Volumes 7+8 [1994+1995]
Volumes 9+10 [1996+1997]
Volumes 11+12 [1998+1999]
Volumes 13+14 [2000+2001]
Volumes 15+16 [2002+2003]
Volumes 17+18 [2004+2005]
Volumes 19+20 [2006+2007]
Volumes 21+22 [2008+2009]
Volumes 23+24 [2010+2011]
Volumes 25+26 [2012+2013]
E-mail address of the Austrian Herpetological Society: office (at) herpetozoa.at
Instructions to contributors
- For publication in HERPETOZOA, only original articles and review papers in German or English as well as Short Notes which have neither been published nor are simultaneously submitted elsewhere, can be accepted. Short Notes are original articles in English (subdivisions: title, text proper, references, key words, names and addresses of authors) consisting of no more than 20,000 characters (spaces not counted). Short Notes without figures or tables and consisting of less than 2,000 characters will be treated privileged in terms of date of issue.
- Ethic statement: Upon submission, the authors confirm that, with regard to their manuscript, the guidelines for “Good Scientific Practice“, and concerning the studied animals, the applicable national and international regulations were observed. All coauthors know about the submitted paper and agree with its submission in the present form.
- Manuscript: Exclusively documents that can be processed in MS Word; format DIN A4 or US Letter; double-spaced; names of genus, subgenus, species and subspecies underlined; no further editorial specifications; manuscript pages numbered consecutively; references to the literature in the text in chronological order (Werner 1947a, 1947b; Mertens & Wermuth 1960; Werner 1961), and in short form when there are more than two authors (Ihle et al. 1939); no footnotes. The author is urged to have the manuscript revised by a ‘native speaker’, if necessary. Subdivisions: Title Page; German and English Abstract; Key Words; Introduction; Materials and Methods; Results; Discussion; (Conclusions, if applicable); Acknowledgments; References; table- and figure-legends; tables; figures as individual *.tiff or *.jpg files.
- Title Page: Title of article in English and German; name and address of every author; abbreviated title of article (no more than 75 characters); key words; name, address, telephone, e-mail address of author to be contacted.
- Abstract: in English as well as German, not to exceed 250 words each.
- References: any literature cited in the text, listed alphabetically by author’s name and date of publication; complete title of journal and place names in full; examples of references:
Engelmann, W.-E. & Fritsche, J. & Günther, R. & Obst, F. J. (1985): Lurche und Kriechtiere Europas; Leipzig, Radebeul (Neumann), pp. 420.
Rieppel, O. (1981): Tarentola mauritanica (Linnaeus, 1758) - Mauergecko; pp. 119-133. In: Böhme, W. (Ed.): Handbuch der Reptilien und Amphibien Europas; Vol. 1, Echsen I; Wiesbaden (Akademische Verlagsgesellschaft).
Smith, M. A. (1924): Descriptions of Indian and Indo-Chinese tadpoles.- Records of the Indian Museum, Calcutta; 26 (2): 137-144.
- Table and figure legends:in English and German; numbered consecutively in order of their appearance in the text; including key to abbreviations and symbols.
- Figures: Digital images (*.tiff oder *.jpg) or originals suitable for being digitized (photographic prints, black ink drawings, prints, slides) with captions (Times New Roman) but without legend; type size of lettering, numbering and symbols must be at least 2 mm when printed; numbering matching that of the legend. For reproduction of color images, the author to be contacted is charged EUR 50.- per color page.
- PDF: The submitting author will receive a paginated high definition PDF of the publication by e-mail. No reprints.
Advertising in HERPETOZOA
- The Austrian Herpetological Society offers advertising facilities by adding folders to journals dispatched by ÖGH.
- Prices for adding folders to our journals mailed (max. 2 Letter sized pages).
-- single mailing event (sent to about 350 subscribers): EUR 175.-
-- two consecutive mailings: EUR 300.-
- The right to reject advertisements which conflict with the tasks and aims of the Austrian Herpetological Society is reserved to the Managing Committee.
- Originals and a copy of HERPETOZOA are returned on request.